Mexican Husband: Lunch and dinner Ideas (ideas para lonche y cena)

Menu: Lonche de Mi Esposo (my husband's lunch) and Dinner Ideas
Lonches de mi Esposo


Decided to post some lunch ideas if you prepare your husband lonche in the mornings. I do this every morning at 4 am. Yesterday, my husband told me that 3 of the guys from his work asked to try one of the tacos (they always trade tacos). Upon tasting them, they asked, "can she make us some? We will buy the meat and pay her to prepare lonches for us too?" I thought...ok. I guess I could. Anyway, I made the taco with a Teriyaki chicken filling. This is a little bit different for Mexican taste buds, as most do not like meat that is dulce (sweet). But they loved this. I do not have exact measurements for this. I cook a lot of soul food so I do not measure. I just know how much I want in there. You have to season this recipe to taste.
here is the recipe:
Ingredients

Pechugas de pollo (chicken breasts)
onions/cebolla
chile Jalapenos
Teriyaki Sauce (I use lots of this sauce)
Soy Sauce (only a little of this)
1 tablespoon of sugar
Mayo
Tortillas
Soul Food Seasoning or Seasoning Salt
Onion Powder
Black Pepper
Sazon Goya con culantro y achiote
Directions/Direcciones

Filling
In a pot, add 1 tablespoon of oil. Prep your chicken. Add soy sauce and teriyaki sauce first. Then add the spices (soul food seasoning or seasoning salt, onion powder, sazon goya con culantro y achiote, black pepper) cook on low until everything cooks down. The aroma is nice. This has lots of flavor.


Tortillas
heat tortillas (in a comal or on the eye of the stove) add mayo (mayo sounds weird, but it helps the meat to stick and it adds a good flavor) then add the meat filling and fold. Then stack them on white sandwich paper in fours and wrap in aluminum foil. In a separate plastic bag, add pico de gallo: chopped onion, chiles, and tomato marinated in lemon for them to add to the taco at lunch time. Don't forget a napkin and semi frozen sangria to drink.

Breakfast Ideas
Breakfast this morning was Tacos de Salchichas con cebolla y chile
Ingredients
corn tortillas
hot dogs (turkey oscar meyer)
onions/cebolla y chile
jalapeno
aceite/oil
mayonesa/mayonnaise
directions/direcciones
With a small amount of oil, fry 3-4 oscar meyer turkey hot dogs with chopped onion and 1 jalapeno. Fry until it is all caramelized together. Heat your tortillas en a comal or on top of the stove, after add mayonnaise to them and add the hot dog filling. Fold over once. On wax paper stack them in threes or fours. Wrap in aluminum foil.


No comments:

Popular Posts